To buy a home, build a home, simultaneously purchase and improve a home, etc…
- To buy a home including townhouse or condominium unit in a VA approved project
- To build a home
- To simultaneously purchase and improve a home
- To improve a home by installing energy related features such as solar or heating/cooling systems, water heaters, insulation, weatherstripping, caulking, storm windows/doors or other energy efficient improvements approved by the lender and VA. These features may be added with the purchase of an existing dwelling or by refinancing a home owned and occupied by the veteran. A loan can be increased up to $3,000 based on documented costs or up to $6,000 if the increase in the mortgage payment is offset by the expected reduction in utility costs. A refinancing loan may not exceed 90 percent of the appraised value plus the costs of the improvements. Check with a lender or VA for details.
- To refinance an existing home loan up to 90 percent of the VA-established reasonable value or to refinance an existing VA loan to reduce the interest rate.
- To buy a manufactured home and/or lot.